by Mississauga Aquatic Club, 2019-04-21T12:09:25.000-07:00April 21 2019, at 12:09 PM PDT
Member Information Update
: The AGM has been rescheduled.
Thursday May 23rd
To be confirmed.
1. The Town Hall meetings are an opportunity for the Board to present further information to you and an opportunity for you to ask the Board of Directors questions prior to the AGM.
2. The Annual General Meeting will provide the members with reports from the Board, Staff, Financial Information and planning for next year. The AGM will also address and vote on any motions made by members as well as have our elections for the Board of Directors. If you have given someone a Proxy – they will be able to vote on all of these items on your behalf.
3. Town Hall meetings will be as follows: Tuesday April 23rd 7pm Tomken Twin Rinks, Monday April 29th 7pm MSSAC Office, Thursday May 9th MSSAC Office 7pm. If there are any changes or additions to this schedule, it will be posted here.
4. . The administration work with all areas of the club and will help facilitate the Town Hall meetings and the AGM. They have been asked to keep a neutral position in order to assist fairly with the AGM and the elections. Swim Ontario will also attend our AGM as a non-biased third party and governing body. They have been asked to take the lead as ‘scrutineers’ for any voting that takes place.
5. A Proxy can be found on the website under the ‘Parents’ ‘AGM tab’ along with other information from the Board of Directors regarding the AGM. Proxies should be brought to the meeting and not given ahead of time to anyone other than the person for whom you wish to vote on your behalf. Members have distributed ‘unofficial’ proxies using the MSSAC logo without permission. We are investigating whether or not we will accept these at the AGM. . IF you have signed a proxy and would like it invalidated please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
6. The best situation for the club will be for all members to cast their own vote after hearing information from all parties and making their own decision. There has been information distributed and disseminated from Coaches, High Performance Parents, Board Members, Staff, Alumni etc. We will not comment on it as it is your duty to decide on what you feel is factual and appropriate given the situation. The administration staff have been advised to uphold a professional position of neutral.
7. Any member in good standing can attend the AGM and vote. If your account is in good standing, you will not be able to attend the AGM or vote and any proxy on your behalf will be invalid.
8. Any member will be able to attend the Town Hall meetings. If you would like to find out how to put your account in good standing, please call the office so that we can assist you OR log into your parent portal and pay all outstanding invoices.